PRIVACY AND DATA SECURITY POLICY
SaveIN , C/O, Copiosus Tech Private limited (hereinafter referred to as “ Company or We or SaveIN”) is a technology company, focused on building and facilitating products and services in the financial domain for our customers (hereinafter referred to as “Customer/You/Your/User”, plurals included).
The company is extremely sensitive to privacy, rights, confidentiality and security of personal information of users that is shared with or obtained by the Company during the course of the use of any asset of the company including, but not limited to, the website, mobile applications, social media platforms etc.
The company is committed to providing a secure, transparent, and compliant framework to all its users with regards to data collection, storage, and its use.
Policy details and applicability
We may collect some or all of the following personal information in order to provide you with a seamless and intuitive user experience
Device Information–We may collect information through your computer, mobile phone, tablets, or other devices that you use to access SaveIN platform. Such information, collected by us includes, but is not limited to, the following: IP address, browsing data, device ID or unique identifier, device type, geo-location information, computer and internet information, mobile network information, statistics on page views, referral URL, advertisement data, web log data and other such information, Calendar information etc.
Credit information report Your Credit Information (credit score and credit information report) may be procured by us through a ‘soft pull’ of your credit records with Credit Information Companies “CICs” with your consent. A ‘Soft pull’, ensures that your Credit Score is not adversely impacted by such a request since it is not deemed to be a formal enquiry from your side to obtain a financial product. SaveIN receives this information from one or more CICs for and on your behalf only once you agree to appoint SaveIN as your lawfully and voluntarily appointed authorized agent/ representative for collecting your credit information from CICs. By consenting to use and availing your credit information report through SaveIN, you agree that SaveIN and CICs shall be entitled to rely on your authorization and consent granted by you to SaveIN.
When you use SaveIN platform, we may also collect information about your transactions and your activities including but not limited to:
- Contact information including your name, address, phone, email, and other similar information.
- Specific personal identification information such as your date of birth or national ID number.
- Address proof, Officially Valid documents, Income proof, PAN, credit score, credit information report, e-KYC through UIDAI, CKYC through CERSAI etc.
- Financial information, such as the full bank account numbers and/or debit/ credit card numbers that you link to your SaveIN account or give us access to while you use SaveIN Services.
We may also collect information from or about you from other sources, such as through your correspondence with us, including our customer support team, your interactions with members of the SaveIN employees, your contact list on SaveIN, and from other accounts that we have reason to believe are controlled by you (whether in part or in whole).
Additionally, SaveIN may monitor or record its all of your communication with SaveIN platform, any SaveIN employee or representative at any time of its choice. Also, by communicating with SaveIN, you acknowledge that your communication may be overheard, monitored, or recorded without further notice or warning.
After obtaining the User’s specific consent to allow the SaveIN platform to access the User’s SMS inbox, we may collect relevant information from text messages (SMS) received by the Users from providers of services and/or products (including but not limited to retail outlets, financial institutions, mobile carriers, websites, ecommerce companies, any merchant and all utility companies), that will enable us to provide better access to financial products and services , managing your expenditure by providing insights and other products to the Users. We shall only access business messages and will never intrude in your personal messages.
We may also periodically evaluate your computer, mobile phone, or other access device to identify any malicious software or activity. This shall be done at no extra cost to the user.
When you download or use our mobile applications, or access one of our mobile optimized sites, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device’s settings menu.
You also expressly consent to SaveIN (including its marketing channels and business partners/ representatives) to contact you through SMS, call, WhatsApp and/ or e-mail or any other applicable communication platform and to follow up in relation to the Services provided by or through the SaveIN Platform, for imparting product knowledge, offering promotional offers through SaveIN Platform & various other offers offered by its business partners.
You hereby authorize and expressly consent us to share your Personal information with third parties including but not limited to Banks, credit information bureaus, government agencies or any other such agency mandated by law, for completion of the services availed.
You hereby grant your unambiguous, free and unequivocal consent to authorize and appoint SaveIN to request and obtain, collect, receive and/or fetch your credit score and/ or a copy of your credit information report from CIC, for and on your behalf;
Use and purpose of collecting such data
The Company’s primary purpose to collect any or all the aforementioned personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, smart, and personalized experience while dealing with SaveIN products or products and services facilitated by SaveIN through its partners.
We may use your personal information to:
- Allow you access to SaveIN Services and customer support; process transactions and send notifications about your transactions; verify your identity, including during account creation and password reset processes.
- Manage and protect our information technology infrastructure; provide targeted marketing and advertising, provide service update notices, and deliver promotional offers based on your communication preferences; contact you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging, or WhatsApp message or robotic calling; perform creditworthiness and solvency checks, and compare information for accuracy and verify it with applicable third parties.
- Manage risk, or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities; detect, prevent or remediate violations of policies or applicable user agreements; improve the SaveIN Services by customizing your user experience; measure the performance of the SaveIN Services and improve their content and layout;
We may also use the User information to enable activities and transactions that need to occur during the process of lending, such as:
- Generating and maintaining User profiles on the App.
- Provide personalized features.
- Helping you select the best financial product.
- Facilitating transactions on the platform.
- Maintaining regular communications with the User concerning transactions the User initiates, such as requesting information or assistance, submitting anyrequest, making payments, transferring funds, etc.
- Modifying the App from time to time to cater to the User’s interests.
- Providing the App and the functions and features therein, efficiently.
- Preserve social history as governed by existing law or policy.
- Avoiding the need for the user to enter previously entered information again.
Framework of Data security
Personal information is defined as information that can be associated with a specific person or a group of persons and can be used to identify that person or group. For the purposes of the use of SaveIN, information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific user shall not be considered as Personal information.
We store and process your personal information on our computers and or cloud infrastructure where our facilities are located. We are committed to protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, and information access authorization controls. We have fully ensured that reasonable security practices adapted by SaveIN are fully compliant with the applicable laws and at par with reasonable industry standards .
Limitations on use of personal information
We may share your Personal information with our affiliates and business partners where we feel that you will be assisted better for the purpose of availing the SaveIN Services. We may share your personal information with:
- Financial institutions like Banks, NBFCs, Insurance Companies, Asset Management companies and others who we may partner with to jointly create and offer anyproduct or service. These financial institutions may only use this information to market SaveIN-related products, unless you have given consent for other services.
- Users of SaveIN, members of the SaveIN corporate family, affiliates, group companies , to provide joint content, products, and services (such as registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services, and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services.
- Credit bureaus and collection agencies to report account information, as permitted by law.
- Banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you meet their criteria which includes having SaveIN close your SaveIN account due to your breach of SaveIN’s User Agreement).
- Companies that we may plan to forge a Joint Venture with or are acquired by.
- Law enforcement entities, personnel, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a summon, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to SaveIN or one of its affiliates; when we need to do so to comply with law or debit/ credit card rules; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
Other unaffiliated third parties, for the following purposes:
- Fraud Prevention and Risk Management: to help prevent fraud or assess and manage risk. For example, if you use the SaveIN Services to buy or sell goods, we may share account information in order to help protect your account from fraudulent activity, alert you if we detect such fraudulent activity on your accounts, or evaluate credit risk.
- As part of our fraud prevention and risk management efforts, we also may share necessary account information in cases where SaveIN has placed a hold or other restriction on your Account based on disputes, claims, chargebacks or other scenarios regarding the sale or purchase of goods. Also, as part of our fraud prevention and risk management efforts, we may share account information to enable them to operate their programs for evaluating buyers or sellers.
- Customer Service: for customer service purposes, including to help service your accounts or resolve disputes (e.g., billing, or transactional).
- Shipping: in connection with shipping and related services for purchases made using SaveIN.
- Legal Compliance: to help them comply with anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing verification requirements.
- Service Providers: to enable service providers under contract with us to support our business operations. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
We may also seek necessary explicit consent on a case to case basis, as deemed appropriate as per our operational framework or applicable law.
We use data collection methodologies such as “cookies”/similar information sets, etc on certain pages of the app to help analyse our app page flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. “Cookies” are small files placed on your device hard-drive/storage that assist us in providing our services.
Procedure of Opting out of SaveIN marketing communication
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you may write on < [email protected]>
Please note that it may take about 15 business days to process your request. In furtherance to your usage of the SaveIN Platform, you expressly waive the Do Not Call (DNC) / Do Not Disturb (DND) registrations on your phone/mobile numbers for contacting you for such purpose and usage. Hence, there will be no DNC / DND check required for the number you may have left on our SaveIN Platform. Such modes of contacting you may include sending SMSs and/ or telephonic calls.
SaveIN will retain your information for as long as it is necessary for providing you the SaveIN Services available on the SaveIN Platform or your request for termination of your account with SaveIN, whichever is later. Furthermore, SaveIN may also be required to retain certain information under the applicable law and/or as part of its contractual obligations with the Banks/Financial Institutions and accordingly such information shall be retained as prescribed under the applicable law or part of SaveIN’s contractual obligation.
Post termination of your relationship, SaveIN may continue to use your anonymized data aggregated or in combination with anonymized data of other users. We use this aggregated anonymized data for data analysis, profiling, and research purposes, for example to gain insights about our users and their profiles. We may keep your contact information along with your application details (if any) for fraud prevention purposes and for the exercise/ defence of a legal claim or for providing evidence in legal proceeding(s).
Updating personal information
In case of a changes in the personal information shared by you with SaveIN, you may contact our customer support or write to us on [email protected] . The same can also be done through the SaveIN platforms.
Obligation with respect to other platforms
Sometimes, SaveIN platforms may link to other platform that may collect personally identifiable information about you. SaveIN is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such linked platforms.
If you have a grievance or complaint, questions, comments, concerns, or feedback in relation to the processing of information or regarding this Privacy and Security Policy or any other privacy or security concern, send an e-mail to [email protected]